Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hey everyone today I'm going to tell you a little about nail art molds.
You can find an extensive collection of nail art molds on the market with so many different themes.
I just discovered nail art molds and I love them.

Nail Art molds are quite small and made of a silicone type substance and they are very flexible. Some of them are quite detailed. I got my first one free in a kit, it has a couple different sizes of roses on it.

If you want a mold and are having trouble finding exactly what you want you might think of making your own. Using molding putty the options are limitless. You can find several brands of molding putty in your craft or hobby store. The putty comes in two parts. Mix equal parts of the putty together in a small ball and mix until completely blended. Form a nice round ball, flatten slightly with a flat object and press in your favorite charm, decorative button etc. Let set for just a few short minutes, flex the mold to pop out your charm and its ready to go.

Nail Art molds can be used with gel or acrylic. If using acrylic you will need all the supplies you would normally use as if you were about to create a set of nails. I recommend using colored acrylic powder so you will not have to paint your creations. Once you have dipped your brush in the liquid and then the powder, pack your bead of acrylic into the mold, making sure to fill it completely, tapping the mold slightly so you don't have air bubbles. The process for filling the mold with gel is the same except there is no liquid involved and you are just scooping the gel up with your brush. Let your acrylic or gel set for a few minutes before removing your creation. I use the edge of a clay carving tool to assist me in lifting my creation out of the mold. An acrylic one will need the edges cleaned up slightly with a light sanding with your finger nail file. A gel creation will have a sticky residue that will need to be removed.

I attach my creations with a little nail glue and usually seal them further by using a UV gel top coat which is then cured with my UV gel curing lamp.

You'll want to keep in mind the size of your nails when creating nail art mold



s. Not all acrylic or gel creations fit on every nail.

I hope you will try your hand at creating some beautiful 3d art for your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment