Thursday, May 29, 2014

So I'm back with a nail art tutorial. I wanted to create something pretty in green for church this coming Sunday. Our music director aka the Pastor's wife chooses colors and all of the choir and praise and worship team wear that color. So green is typically not a favorite color of mine and I definitely didn't want a solid green nail or anything like that. So I decided to opt for a bit of green, not too much. So here goes.
Materials needed: Scrap paper to make clean up easier
                             Acrylic paints (I use Oumaxi) in green and white
                             A fan brush
                             A very small lining brush
                             Tiny beads (micro beads or caviar beads) in gold
                              UV gel top coat
                              UV gel curing lamp
                               Polar block (white sanding block)
                               Dotting tool
                               Nail glue
Okay so I just got my nails done. I don't do them myself because #1 I'm just learning and #2 I'm so not able to use my left hand to do my right hand. Um, yeah! So I have a French tip in white. This leaves me with endless possibilities in my nail art.

So the Oumaxi paints come in a variety of colors and I have a set of basic colors. They were not too expensive and I got mine on ebay. So I use the dark green and the lighter brighter green and white.
I slightly sanded off the UV gel topcoat that I had on my nails when I left the salon using a polar block. Make sure your nails is clean and you dust it free of particles. I then use a dehydrator. I used the fan brush to brush a bit of dark green to each nail tip.
I then using the same fan brush lightly brush a bit of brighter green on top of that. This paint dries fairly quickly especially using such a light coat. Then taking the white and a very tiny lining brush I draw little scroll designs all over the green tip. There is no perfect way to do this. and because I have kind of a shaky hand when I've had too much caffeine mine aren't perfect by any means. Fill the area with big ones or small ones or a mix of both.

Once this is done using the dotting tool get a bit of glue and put a bit inside of one of your little scrolls, anywhere on the nail is fine. Using the same dotting tool dot it into your glue, into the beads and then place them on the nail where you've placed the dot of glue inside of one of your scrolls. Don't get too much glue on your dotting tool, not only will you pick up way too many beads you will also find that the beads will bleed color onto your design.
                             

Once you have done each nail or as many nails as you want to have beads on you will want to seal your work.
Take your UV gel and drip some right onto the beads without touching them with the brush. Now carefully brush the rest of the nail with gel. Now that you have each nail sealed with UV gel cure it with your lamp.

You're done! Note: You have the option to clean up the edge where you brushed on the green but I left it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment